By “Personal Data”, we mean any information about you that could be used to help identify, locate or contact you. This will include information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number and payment details. It may also apply to information you volunteer about yourself when using services on our Website, such as our support forums <http://pangolin.com/forums/>, The PangolinShows Portal <http://www.pangolinshows.com> or the Projector Referral Network <http://www.lasershowprojector.com>.
We understand that you value your privacy and the right to control how your Personal Data is collected and used. Our data collection and retention practices are designed to provide transparency, accountability and choice regarding the management and use of your Personal Data. We also provide you with contact information should you wish to remove your Personal Data from our databases. However, we reserve the right to retain information in our archives and/or as necessary to establish lawful marketing consent.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Data.
1. What information do we collect from you?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give to us, including your name, address, email address, phone number and financial or credit card information, when you:
- register with us on our website;
- place an order for products or services from us;
- subscribe to receive our newsletter;
- complete our contact or enquiry forms on our website, including our “Contact Us” and “Contact a Local Dealer” contact forms;
- participate in one of the support forums on our website;
- respond to marketing communications;
- correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise;
- report a problem with our website.
By visiting and/or supplying your Personal Data on our Website, you also agree to allow us to provide aggregated anonymous data about you to third-parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the Website and in order to offer you products and services. This includes demographic information and behavioral information.
Information that we collect automatically each time you visit our website:
- echnical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources, such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies.
2. Cookies, Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Log Files
Our website may also contain web beacons, pixel tags, browser analysis tools and web server logs that enable us to track your online behavior, collect information regarding your operating system and browser/device type, record what webpage or email you viewed, track the IP address of the device you use to interact with the applicable online service, record when you open or click on a particular online advertisement link or webpage, and additionally for other information gathering purposes such as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools permit the measurement of responses to communications and improve related promotions. You may read more about web beacons at webopedia.com. Log files include IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer a website, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. As set forth herein, we collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies, including, without limitation, what website you were visiting before you came to our website and the website you visit after you leave our website.
3. How do we use your information?
We value your privacy and have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with relevant legislation, including, without limitation, the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We use the information you give to us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about products and services we offer that we feel may interest you by postal service or email. We will send that information by email only if (i) we are lawfully permitted to do so [you can unsubscribe anytime by following the opt-out instructions included in the relevant communication or by contacting us directly via email at or in writing to Pangolin Laser Systems, Inc., 9501 Satellite Boulevard, Suite 109, Orlando, FL 32837 USA]; or (ii) we are providing information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you (and you have not opted-out of receiving such messages). If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us using our contact form <http://pangolin.com/contact> or using our contact details described in paragraph 10 below.
- if you are located in Canada, we may be required to obtain your prior express consent to receive commercial electronic messages in order for us to comply with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation. If you do not provide your express opt-in to receive emails and you reside in Canada, you may not receive emails from us.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to perform technical functions and/or to ensure that content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We use the information about you that we collect automatically:
- to match your Personal Data to make and improve profiles of you, to track your online browsing habits over time and across different websites on the Internet, to show you targeted advertising for products and/or services and/or to determine which areas of the Internet are most frequently visited. As such, we reserve the right to target advertising to you by using email of other means of communication to provide promotional offers.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
4. No Information Collected From Children
We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children. We will never knowingly collect any Personal Data about children under the age of thirteen (13). If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Data about a child under the age of thirteen (13), that information will be immediately deleted from our database. Because we do not collect such information, we have no such information to use or to disclose to third-parties. We have designed this policy in order to comply with the Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
5. Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with any member of our group, which means our affiliates, subsidiaries and/or parent companies, and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may share your information with selected third-parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 250 men aged 18-24 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in a particular location). We may make use of the information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- Prospective purchasers of all or a substantial portion of our assets may be provided aggregate information about our users;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose and/or transfer any/all f your Personal Data to third parties:
- that acquire any/all of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets;
- whose business assets we have acquired, in whole or in part, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of its assets;
- in the event we become the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, we or our liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our various terms, policies and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pangolin, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California (USA) residents to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Data that we disclosed to third-parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, as well as the names and addresses of those third-parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. We do not share, sell or transfer your Personal Data to third-parties for direct marketing purposes.
6. User content
User content is any content submitted to our support forums or the PangolinShows Portal or by registered users of our website. All user content you submit will be visible (alongside your user name) to other registered users as well as to unregistered visitors to our website, so please do not submit any information about yourself in our support forums or PangolinShows Portal which you would not wish to make public.
Once you have submitted user content to our support forums or PangolinShows Portal, you may be unable to recall it except in limited circumstances. If you are would like to edit or delete user content you have submitted, please contact us through our contact form <http://pangolin.com/contact> or using our contact details described in paragraph 10 below.
Although we do our best to ensure that offensive language and content do not appear on our website, we do not routinely monitor or moderate user content and therefore user content may from time to time include language or content which some people may find offensive. If you wish to complain about any user content, please contact us through our contact form <http://pangolin.com/contact> or using our contact details described in paragraph 10 below.
7. Where we store your information
We have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the information we store and the harm that might result from a breach of security. All information that you send via our website is encrypted whilst in transit between you and the servers where we store the information. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology in such a way as to ensure that we are not given your financial or credit card information.
The information that we collect from you may be processed inside or outside of the United States and/or the European Economic Area (EEA), where it will be stored by us or by one of our suppliers. It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the United States and/or EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure adequate security for any of your information transferred outside the United States and/or EEA, as applicable.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and, although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of any of your information transmitted via our website. Consequently, any transmission is at your own risk. If we become aware that the security of your information has been compromised, we will notify you as required by applicable law.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share your password with anyone.
8. Links to third-party websites
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for third-party websites or their privacy policies and we strongly advise you to check such policies and the reputation of the website before you submit your information to any third-party website. We welcome any feedback about third-party websites linked to from our website.
10. How to contact us
YOU MAY OPT-OUT OF RECEIVING MOST COMMUNICATIONS FROM US BY CHOOSING NOT TO SUBMIT YOUR PERSONAL DATA. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO US AND WISH TO OPT-OUT AND/OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AT A LATER DATE, YOU MAY DO SO BY SENDING US A REQUEST TO .